Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Soup

I have to say, I wasn't sure how delicious pumpkin soup could be if you're using just plain, pumpkin purée. However, this recipe is very enjoyable. It's like a warm bowl of savory pumpkin pie :).

The recipe calls for 2 cups of apple cider. Honestly, I thought it was weird. The apple cider works out fantastically.

The instructions to this recipe are very simple. You just combine all the ingredients but the cream. After it simmers, add the cream and then simmer again until finished.


2 cups apple cider 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth (about 2 cups worth) 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin puree 1 cup granulated sugar (you may need slightly more or less depending on how tart your cider is) 1 tablespoon cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon clove 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg 1/2 teaspoon allspice 1 pint heavy whipping cream

Directions:
1
In large pot on LOW HEAT, combine all ingredients EXCEPT whipping cream; while stirring frequently, bring to simmer.
2
Allow to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3
Stir in heavy cream and return to simmer; serve.

I have to say, I only used 1/2 cup of sugar, and light cream instead of heavy. I feel that I can make different adjustments next time to make it healthier. I perhaps will cut the sugar and use low fat vanilla yogurt instead of heavy cream.


Ps- pictures did not upload in order

No comments:

Post a Comment