Sunday, September 2, 2012

Dunkin' Donuts Pumpkin Iced Latte

Deeeeeeelicious!  Dunkin' Donuts Pumpkin Iced Latte is out of this world!  I was able to taste my first one of the season from the DD in Beachwood, NJ.  The first one I sampled was a Small Pumpkin Iced Latte with Skim milk and Splenda (No Whipped Cream).  For those of you who are not familiar with the fancy coffee names, a latte is a combination of coffee, espresso, and steamed milk.  The espresso was not too strong, and the pumpkin taste was amazing. I cannot wait to try a Pumpkin Iced Coffee.  It will probably be sweeter because espresso tends to be a little bitter anyway. 



I seriously felt that I could drink this every day of the year (Thus becomming a coffee addict).  I thought about the amount of calories in drinks such as these, and thought of alternatives to enjoy my pumpkin flavored fall beverages.  The small iced latte with skim milk and splenda runs you aproximately 170 calories.  You can find the entire breakdown in myfitnesspal (if you use it).  That's not TERRIBLE for a morning treat, since you could obviously be doing a LOT worse for yourself. 

I have also googled different kinds of "Create Your Own" Pumpkin coffees.  You can purchase from in your grocery story (if available) or online to Pumpkin Pie Syrup, as well as the sugar free variety.  All you have to do is add some syrup to your coffee concoction and youre good to go!  You could save yourself some major calories by doing it yourself as well as a buck or two. 

Realistically though, if you are in a rush to work, or are in "need" of a pumpkin fix, grabbing yourself a small, Pumpkin Iced Latte with skim milk and splenda is abousolutely the way to go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment